Saturday 25 January 2020

TOGETHER OR ALONE WORK THOSE GREEN FINGERS TO THE BONE!

Farm Together is a relaxing farming experience that gives you butterflies in your tummy when someone either visits your farm to sign your guest book, gives you a hand on your land or just talk to pass the time. It gives me a buzz to make my farm look better each day for more lovely people to visit and communicate with me as meeting people from all around the world is amazing.

This game will make you play for hours on end as the farm is so customizable and expandable with endless farm designs because of the vast variety of decorations, plant and animal types. Not only that but Milkstone Studios have put a lot of effort into making your character, pet and tractor very customizable.

The music is amazing and is perfectly chosen for a relaxing game such as Farm Together. I could listen to the music all day.

The graphics are very detailed and are bright and colourful in all aspects of the game. Keep an eye out for the beautiful rainbows.

The video, audio and control settings have many options to suit your needs which I like to see in a game.

I use the keyboard and mouse to play Farm Together and I have no issues with the key placement or mouse movement. If you forget the keys no worries as they are displayed on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I did notice that the mouse pointer is locked in the game and I have no idea if this can be changed so you can work on multiple screens without using the alt and tab etc to switch screens. The game is displayed windowed borderless when this happens.

Check the game out on Steam - Farm Together


I have played 40 hours so far and I am enjoying it immensely but would like to see more improvements as follows:

Enable Tutorial Settings - I found on creating a second game this is disabled. You have to enable tutorial settings at the menu before creating a second game for it to work. I would like to see this option available during game play to prevent confusion.

I would like more of the decorative items to be interactive like the scarecrow - click on it and it would express physically and verbally the weather for tomorrow. That is just one of many thoughts going through my head :-)

I do feel the path width is great for walking/running on but too narrow for the tractor. An option to make a path double the width would be great for vehicles. I would like different path designs not to connect to each other automatically. Either keep them separate or have an option to connect or not. Not all paths connect on slopes which I feel should be an option too.

I would like the land to be more customisable by adding a spade to the game so land can be raised or lowered by single or multiple selections - removing small raised areas will prevent valuable land not going to waste.

To get your first house is quite expensive but I do not mind the challenge and I will look forward to decorate it and use household items as I am only 40 hours into the game so I cannot give my opinions on that yet.

I like the fact that there is many options to customise your character, pet and tractor but would like to see clothes automatically change to match the seasons (be able to customize for all the seasons and not just one set of clothes for all year round). Shorts and t-shirt in the winter well that just would be too cold.

Your pet just follows you around the farm meowing or barking. I would like to interact with my pet cat or dog. Pet it, pick up and give your pet a hug or give it a treat (bone found tilling the land for the dog or when you fish you catch an extra fish that cats only eat) and your pet goes and finds rare items occasionally for you on the farm to use, wear or place decoratively.

One thing I did notice there is no Scottish flag for decoration but only the Union Jack for the whole of the United Kingdom. I am a Scot from Scotland - a flag with a white x shaped cross with a blue background would be a great addition to the decorative items. The same goes for the flag of England if it is not already available and other places that I have maybe missed. Make it more specific.

I have noticed the bigger farms I have visited on opening the map it is difficult to spot the x's where crops are ready to harvest as they are too small. A zoom in and out option would be great as of now I am not aware if you can already do this. The gui is customizable at the menu settings so changing it to large may work for the map?

I hope there will be in the future more options than a tractor to travel around on your farm like a horse or a dirt bike for example.

Overall it is a friendly, communicative, casual and relaxing farming game that you can put many hours in alone or together. Make your ideas run wild as there is a vast amount of land to customize. I totally recommend for those who like green finger games.

No comments:

Post a Comment